Paper chains.


I am bound to you by paper chains
connected by the bridge between our hearts
and minds. 
I am yours;
for you left your fingerprints upon my soul
when you touched me. 
And if you whispered secrets in my ear, 
know that I heard nothing, 
for the roars of an inner fire
awakening
drowned out even the sound of my own
common sense.
I thought you the carpenter
who fixed me
with his words and
one sturdy hammer.
But I was mistaken,
for you taught me instead 
that I was never broken.
And every moment with you
is shorter than the last.
The sand pours too quickly
and we are left watching
helpless
as time flies past us
on a dandelion seed.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous16.4.13

    I LOVE THIS ONE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous17.4.13

    This is nothing short of beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous23.5.13

    this gives me goosebumps. beautiful! you're a very talented poet!

    ReplyDelete