As I Wanted.

I want to love you.

And no that is not simply wanting your warmth against my neck,
Nor some animalistic desire for the meeting of flesh;
instead, I want to get under your skin;
I want to grab your soul by the heart,
until all your hopes and dreams bleed onto my palms, like art,
and stain them with the magnificence of your being.

I want to caress the you that exists behind your disguise,
I want to breathe deeply the life that shines from your eyes,
and capture the glint that twinkles there, every time
your laugh escapes the cages of your belly.


I want to grasp your face in my hands
and dive into the maze world of your irises to see
what you see when you see this beautifully confusing reality.
When you gaze out from your own complexity,
When you reach out from the density of your own existence.


I want to paint the colours of joy across every crevice of your body,
Until your ears cannot fathom any sound but the breathless giggles of this earth,
I want to show you the million treasures you are worth,
And birth memories with you that will grow into endless tomorrows;
So your mind knows nothing of shadows or heartache or sorrow.

I want to take you by the hands and run to the places
where the music plays so loud,
your heart shakes with the sound-
the rhythm of the thundering floor beneath the crowd.
I want to pull away every layer that shrouds your vision,
and every soft sigh that clouds your despondent heart,


I want to find every new way
for your smile to be set free in this world that is grey without it.
I want to touch you so deeply that you forget whatever lived in shallow streams,
and you surrender yourself to the endless chaos that dances within your dreams,
I want to know what you know of yourself is what I mean!
And to hear every secret you ever whispered into the nights where I couldn’t be.


I want to love you.
And yet I can’t;
for our paths have crossed with mistimed breaths,
and we have passed each other in the crowd by an inch.
And it’s as if all the coincidences in the history of our lives,
could not conspire for us the moment we needed,
long before we met.


No comments:

Post a Comment